Monday, February 6, 2012

Our busy little blessing...

Despite being very sick this past week, Landon has been very busy little boy. He has learned how to get places very quickly now and and seems to advance in every area by the hour. It is so crazy to think that he is 7 months old!!! This week he discovered that if he reaches up when we put him down he gets picked back up. It is the sweetest thing to know that he wants us! It is my new favorite :). One thing Landon loves is freedom. If we are having a rough day all we have to do is put him in the stroller or car seat and go for a walk or drive and he is once again a happy boy. He is extremely curious and is into EVERYTHING! The layout of our current home is not conducive to this curiosity so I made it my goal today to make it work. What did I come up with??? I switch my living room and my dining room. This way I can see him from the kitchen while he plays with his toys AND we only have to heat two areas of our home thus saving us money. I feel like a genius when I think of these things ;). Not really sure what Blaine will think when he gets home but he said it was ok yesterday... I think. With Landon being sick last week we were stuck in the house all week. By friday, we were both a little crazy. I decided it was time to take him to the park. I was not sure how much he would enjoy himself but as it turns out there is alot to do with a 7 month old at the park. He loved watching/ learning form all the other kids and swinging on the swing by himself and with mommy... 


Saturday, we had one of the worst days we have had in a long time (that is saying alot after all we have been through with Landon being sick last week). It was just very emotionally draining. Landon was a good boy just very needy and not in the best mood ever. As soon as Blaine got home he sensed that something was not right and so he loaded us up and got us out of the house. He knows so many good little getaways in the area. He took us on a little drive and then over to a little park. I am SO thankful God gave me such a compassionate man. He always knows just what will make it all better... It was just perfect! 



View from the park ... We got there right as the sun was starting to set ... Like I said PERFECT...


One of our lovely family self-portraits :) 
Cassie has wonderful taste in little boy accessories... Thank you for the hat Aunt Cassie!



1 comment:

  1. Super cute pictures and thanks for sharing some of your life with us! :) It's so good to see you all!

    ReplyDelete